life is a paradox.

Monday, February 23, 2009

hear my prayer, please.

*gasp*

And it all happens again.

Jolt me up to the break of dawn,
only greeted by the picture I've drawn.
Never forget that the world revolves,
as these wet eyes mocks my resolve.

Light a stick, as I walked these streets,
comes a thought my mind will never treat.
The journey I started will never stop,
till the day my heart has reached the top.

They scream, "love is a puzzle, you fix in life."
the pieces fit in - what a perfect lie.
If that is so, I'll need help tonight,
cause I've lost my purpose... and it's hard to find.

I ask not for fortune nor for fame,
for that is just the rich man's game.
I ask for one thing and that is all,
so hear my prayer, ol' mighty god.

"I know I've sinned and I know I'm wrong.
But I'm out of luck and I need some help.
I loved a girl but I left her there,
embarking on a journey much too far away.
So please,
this is all I ask,
to hold her when I'm not around,
love her when she's down and out,
and bless her when she needs the help.
I'm sorry to have asked that much,
but that's all I'll ever ask.
So al'mighty, please.
Listen... to my plea."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home